|Motivation Type||Interviewee||Statements for Classification|
|Intrinsic||Male, 45 to 54 years, part-time student, two children|| ○ Student was very interested in gamification and enjoyed it.|
○ He took part in gamification and was awarded badges.
○ He used gamification to monitor his progress.
○ He found gamification was as an incentive that contributed to his motivation. and study-satisfaction.
○ In his opinion, gamification should be the leading method for all modules of his course of study.
|Identified||Female, 25 to 34 years, part-time student, one child|| ○ Student participated in the gamification concept and was awarded badges.|
○ She found gamification a personally valuable goal and an important matter for herself.
○ The awards received represented approval and recognition to her. They motivated her. and contributed to her study-satisfaction.
○ Gamification enabled her to organize her studying around family and job.
○ She liked the idea of gamification for all modules in her course of study.
|Extrinsic||○ None of the interviewees reported extrinsic motivation or could be accordingly classified.|
|Amotivated||Female, 45 to 54 years, part-time student, two children|| ○ Student did not take part in the gamification concept.|
○ She did not think much of gamification and was not interested in awards.
○ She was initially very worried about the module and her course of study.
○ Her main concern was that she would not be able to cope with the module.