The journal welcomes research on innovative approaches in applying technology to enhance learning, design and educational outcomes, including quantitative, qualitative and hybrid approaches. Articles on applied theory in educational practice are also welcomed, as well as articles on the practical applications of research, on current policy initiatives and evaluations of research, theoretical, pedagogical and methodological issues related to educational technology. In addition, the journal accepts critical reviews on theoretical or pedagogical perspectives, new technologies and the use of IT in higher education.
Authors are encouraged to submit papers related, but not limited, to the following topics of interest:
- Innovations and best practices in online learning, training, research and management
- Educational technology, models and trends in higher education
- Computer-supported collaborative learning, training and research
- Intelligent tutoring and mentoring systems
- Learning analytics and educational data mining
- Open access systems for learning and training
- Organisational and administrative perspectives of IT use in higher education
- University governance and leadership in the knowledge society
- Institutional policies, standards and assessment methods
- Models of higher education presence and service using the Internet
- Internationalization and cultural aspects of online learning, training and research
Archive content for the International Journal of Educational Technology in Higher Education can be found here.
We recommend the use of equal and non-sexist language in the articles submitted. For more information, consult this guide.