Promoting your publication
Articles are widely promoted through email updates, table of contents, email alerts, postings on the SpringerOpen homepage, and press releases to the general and scientific press - all resulting in increasing levels of accesses for each article. SpringerOpen journals are also promoted at many major scientific conferences to bring your work to the attention of professionals in your field. You can also promote your article via your own email lists, online links, listservs, distribution at conferences and any other innovative techniques you wish to adopt.
In order to increase the visibility and dissemination of your published work, the ETHE team highly encourages you to record a short promotional video of their research (no more than 1 minute and a half) to encourage potential authors to read your article.
Need some guidance on what to say?
This should be a brief presentation. We recommend that you introduce some key details (your name, institution, etc. only 20 seconds), followed by the reasons why a potential author should read the article (key issues) during the remaining minute. Lastly, conclude with a statement encouraging the entire audience to read your study (10 seconds).
- Image: It is important to make sure that your device (mobile phone or other kind of camera) offers excellent image quality. Also, using a tripod or a support is recommended for better image stability.
- Consider formats: We recommend you place the phone horizontally while recording.
- Type of frame: We recommend a medium shot, This is when you appear in the image from the waist up.
- Back-lighting: this is when we have an area of more intense light. To avoid this we can do two things: one is to use artificial lighting to compensate for the lack of light in the foreground; the other is to modify the frame to reduce the amount and size of the lighted zone.
- Sound: Ensure nothing is blocking the microphone. To avoid this, first locate it on the mobile terminal to avoid covering it during recording.
- Other tips: find a noise-free space to capture sound of the highest quality. When using a mobile device, try to ensure that you are close to the camera. We do however recommend the an external microphone to ensure good sound quality.
- Video format: Record up to the maximum resolution that your device allows. 1280 x 720 and .mov or .mp4 formats recommended.
It is important that we have this video before the publication of your study in order to better promote your published work.
If you have any questions please contact us.
The International Journal of Educational Technology in Higher Education is associated with:
Annual Journal Metrics
69 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
38 days to first decision for all manuscripts
142 days from submission to acceptance
56 days from acceptance to publication
2,182 Altmetric mentions
- ISSN: 2365-9440 (electronic)